Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Big Game Jan. 15--Apple Valley and Delano boys win

With all due respect to the fine Concordia vs. Mankato women's game that I saw, the best games of the day had to be a couple of boys' games. Apple Valley and Tyus Jones overcame Lakeville North and J.P. Macura's 31 points to win 79-75 in OT. And Delano defeated Waconia 65-62, using a 20-4 run to end the 1st half to build a 41-28 lead.

Player of the Day: Oops. Changer of plans. Some of you may have seen MC McGrory as my PoD, but now I see that Taylor Thunstedt of New London-Spicer scored 50 last night, leading the Wildcats to a 73-59 win over Glencoe-Silver Lake.

Still, I won't delete the following: McGrory, a Creighton recruit, scored 29 points and outplayed Gopher recruit Joanna Hedstrom (9 points) as Edina surprised host Minnetonka 60-50

Coach of the Day: As much as I'd like to pick Delano boys' coach Terry Teachem, I gotta go with the wiley Annette Wiles of the UMD women, who reversed a 20-point loss to St. Cloud earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment