Friday, March 30, 2012

Minnesota Hoops Girls All-State Team

I have already published by my girls all-state basketball team but I thought I would compare it to some of the others out there. Included in my "consensus all-state" calculations are the AP and Pioneer Press all-state teams, the Tribune all-metro team, the Ms. Basketball finalists, the coaches all-state team, the all-state-tournament teams and, finally, just out today, Kevin Andersons' "Dozen" best players. I had hoped to include Gary Knox's choices from over at gPrep. There's a 2011 all-state team posted, but nothing for 2012 yet, and I got tired of waiting. But the consensus all-state team consists of the following, with my picks indicated insofar as they diverge from the consensus. They're listed in order of how many points they picked up (3 for a 1st team, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd, and etc.).

Consensus All-State (among 8 teams) with my picks for comparison


First Team

Nia Coffey, Hopkins, Sr., F
Marissa Janning, Watertown-Mayer, Jr.., G
Jackie Johnson, Eden Prairie, Sr., C
Carlie Wagner, New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva, Soph., G--my 2nd team
Rebekah Dakhman, Braham, Jr., G

Second Team

Tyseanna Johnson, DeLaSalle, Jr., F--my 1st team (note that I pick a 6th player for a total of 6 per team)
Whitney Tinjum, Chisago Lakes, Sr., F
Alexis Foley, White Bear Lake, Sr., G--my 3rd team
Tessa Cichy, Hill-Murray, Sr., G--my 3rd team
Sydney Coffey, Hopkins, Sr., F--my 1st team

Third Team

Jessica January, Richfield, Jr., G--my 2nd team
Marissa Grossfeld, Wayzata, Sr., F
Katybeth Biewen, Edina, Sr., G--my 2nd team
Shayne Mullaney, Eden Prairie, Sr., G--my 2nd team
Kali Peschel, Sauk Centre, Sr., F--my 4th team

Fourth Team

Allina Starr, DeLaSalle, Jr., G--my 3rd team
Brittney Scherber, Bloomington Jefferson, Sr., G--my 3rd team
AnneMarie Healy, Providence, Sr., F
Maria Mohnke, Fergus Falls, Sr., C--not on my top 4 teams

Kadidjah Shumpert, Benilde-St. Margaret's, Sr., F--my 3rd team
Kayla Timmerman, Wayzata, Sr., C

Not among the consensus but on my teams:

Cayla McMorris, Park Center, soph., F--my 2nd team
Mia Loyd, DeLaSalle, Sr., F--my 4th team
Tia Elbert, Tartan, Soph., G--my 4th team
Maddie Guebert, Eastview, Soph., G--my 4th team

No comments:

Post a Comment